Recipe: Vegetarian Chick’n Chili Lime Salad
Summary: Makes 6 cups; to serve 4 people (or 2 hungry ones as an entree)
- 3 cups Gardein Vegetarian Honey Garlic Chick’n Strips
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 carrot, julienne (cut in small strips)
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and herbs. Whisk together dressing, or shake it together in a small jar, and toss with other ingredients.
- Over medium heat in pan, sauté vegetarian “chick’n” in olive oil until brown on both sides Toss into salad.
- Garnish each serving with crushed peanuts.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30-45 minute(s) to simmer yams, chick-peas, rice and salt, then 5 minute(s) to cook greens added to stew
Diet type: Vegan
Copyright © Joseph Forest and Vesanto Melina, Cooking Vegetarian.
1 thought on “Vegetarian Chick’n Chili Lime Salad”
Veterinarians for the win! For we shall inherit the earth thrgouh having much lower rates pancreatic cancer and heart problems, as well as on the whole being less likely to become overweight. Also, good karma thrgouh not contributing all the the slaughter and cruelty of the meat industry. It’s just good sense really.