Recipe: Stir Fries for He-Men
Summary: If you want to pick a single recipe as your standby, a stir fry is the one to choose. The process is fun, you can create your masterpiece alone or in company, and the possibilities are limitless. The combinations shown here are just a suggestion; add or delete ingredients according to preference or what you have on hand.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 red or white onions, sliced
- 2-4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli, florets and peeled, sliced stems
- 1 or more tsp minced or grated ginger (optional)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cubed firm tofu, or veggie “chicken”
- 1 cup sliced red, yellow or green peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup trimmed snow peas or peas in the pod
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced bok choy or baby bok choy
- 1/4 -1 cup cashew nuts.
- tamari soy sauce (to taste)
- orange ginger sauce or other stir-fry sauce (to taste)
- In wok or large fry-pan, over medium heat, cook onion until it beginning to brown.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, ginger and sesame oil (if using). Cook until almost tender crisp.
- Add chickpeas, tofu, or veggie “chicken” and warm through.
- Add lighter vegetables: peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, sprouts, and bok choy.
- Finish by adding seasonings to taste and top with cashews.
- Serve with cooked brown or white rice, or noodles.
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Culinary tradition: USA (General)