Recipe: Zucchini Hummus
Summary: Makes 1-2/3 cups (5 servings)
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and chopped (1 cup/250 mL, firmly packed)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed oil or olive oil
- 1-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, soaked 4 hours and drained
- Place in a blender the zucchini, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, salt, cumin (if using) and cayenne. Purée.
- Add tahini and sesame seeds and purée until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Store in a glass jar or other covered container, refrigerated, for up to four days.
- Note: This recipe can be made in a food processor, although the mixture will contain whole sesame seeds, rather than being smooth. Alternatively, you can replace the seeds with 1/3 cup more tahini plus a little water.
Preparation time: 4 hours (for Sesame Seeds to be soaked and drained)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 5
Culinary tradition: USA (General)