Recipe: Kale and Red Pepper Holly Ring
Summary: Makes about 4 servings
- 6 cups thinly sliced kale greens
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tbsp flaxseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and remove the rib. Then slice thinly.
- Place kale in steamer, sprinkle with red pepper.
- Cover and steam over medium-high heat until the peppers are tender-crisp.
- Combine oil, vinegar and tamari in a bowl large enough to hold kale.
- Toss kale and peppers into vinegar mixture and place on warm platter.
- Create a wreath shape by pushing the seasoned kale toward edges of platter, leaving an open space in center.
- *If desired, heap steamed rice or place a rounded nut loaf in the center of the ring.*
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © Vesanto Melina and Joseph Forest, Cooking Vegan (US), Cooking Vegetarian (Canada).