Summary: Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sesame tahini
- 2 Tbsp miso
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s or tamari
- 4 dates, pitted, soaked
- cayenne or black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 to 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- ½ cup daikon, julienned
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- dulse flakes (optional)
- sesame seeds
- In large mixing bowl, combine salad ingredients and toss well.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Add dressing, to taste, to salad.
- Toss to combine.
- Marinate at least 20 minutes before serving. Note: Kale also can be marinated separately, up to one day ahead
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)