Summary: Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups cooked or canned chick-peas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water or the cooking water from the chick-peas
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt (less if using canned beans)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine chick-peas, tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne.
- Puree until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add parsley and olive oil
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add seasoning.
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)