Recipe: Berry Delicious Ice Dream
Summary: Makes 3 cups
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 c (250 mL) fresh or frozen berries (such as raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries,)
- 1 c (250 mL) fortified soymilk or soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) frozen juice concentrate (orange, citrus blend, peach or mango)
- Place frozen bananas, berries and soy-milk or yogurt in a blender or food processor. Process on high speed until thoroughly smooth.
- * A sturdy blender is ideal; many food processors work well too. (If your blender struggles to blend this, partially thawing the fruit, especially the strawberries, will help.)*
- Serve immediately.
- Top with nuts or fresh berries, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 3
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © Vesanto Melina and Brenda Davis, The New Becoming Vegetarian (US) and Becoming Vegetarian (Canada)